FRIDAY Bi-WEEKLY CRITIQUE
HOW TO CRITIQUE:
1) Focus on Strengths:
- What really caught my eye was ________.
- That artwork shows ______ really well.
- That artist is really skilled at _________.
- Avoid words like “favorite,” “the best”
2) Then move onto CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
- I think _______ would improve that artwork.
- I’d like to see more of __________.
- I am a little confused by ________.
-Don’t say “finish it”. That’s a given!
- Remove all tools and trash from table.
- Display your artwork and put your name on a piece of paper placed near your piece.
- “Gallery walk” around the room and carefully look at all the art.
- Choose 3 different pieces to write about.
- Focus on the elements and principles and the requirements of the assignment.
- Complete the provided critique sheet and self reflection.
- Participate in the class discussion as we talk about each others art.