What is the Concentration portion of the portfolio?
What is the main goal of the concentration?
How do you develop a visual voice?
Better prepare you
- Would you like to share your ideas about the specific work(s) of art that were selected for display?
- Would you like to comment specifically on the Quality, Concentration, and/or Breadth section of your portfolio?
- What were your inspirations for creating art?
- Which media, techniques, and work processes did you use, and why did you make those choices?
- What do you intend for audiences to see, experience, and think about when viewing your work?
- Which are the most successful aspects of your work?
- What was your inspiration for creating this artwork?
- What were some of the decisions you faced in creating your artwork?
- Did you encounter any difficulties when creating your artwork? How did you work through them?
- Is there anything about your work that you now think you should have done differently? If so, please explain what and why.
- Did your work involve research? What kinds of investigations and discoveries were involved?
- How do your works of art relate to each other in terms of visual and conceptual content?
- How does your work relate to an assignment given by your teacher?
- How do you describe your artistic style/perspective?
- How do you define success as an artist?
- What do you find most rewarding about being an artist?
- What are some of the most important skills you draw upon to create your work?
- What are some of the most significant things you've learned through art-making?
- What is one of the best compliments you've received about your work?
- What advice would you give to other artists?
- What are your future artistic plans?
- Did you experience personal artistic growth as a result of creating the AP portfolio? If so, has that growth affected other aspects of your life?